Mom and Dad asked me to write our Christmas letter this year.
Last Christmas seems like a long time ago. We drove the motor home to Texas and spent several weeks in New Mexico and Arizona on the way home. If you haven't been following my blog, you can look in the history and read what I had to say about that trip. We got home in February, about a week before Seattle became the first US place for a Covid diagnosis.
Since I'm a dog, I don't have to be worried about catching Covid. My only real concern is that Mom and Dad stay healthy, so they are around to feed me and pet me. Lucky for me, having them home with me is the best way for them to stay healthy. As far as I'm concerned, 2020 has been the best year ever!
At first, Mom and Dad stayed home all the time. We went for almost daily walks in the neighborhood, but that was about it. After a few weeks, Mom and Dad went to the grocery store and used Mom's All Trails app to find some new places to go hike, where they wouldn't run into crowds. They found a great area that they never knew about. It's only about 30 minutes from our house, has miles and miles of trails, and isn't very popular, so most of the times they are alone in the woods. They sometimes go 5-7 miles and my old bones can't do that anymore, so I stay home and take a nap.
After a couple months, they decided that "staying home" was getting kind of boring, but then they realized - we have a second home and it has wheels!! Seems like it should be OK to stay there! So, we packed up and spent a long weekend near Tillamook, Oregon (on the Oregon coast). We all enjoyed something different to look at, so they decided to take the house on wheels to Cle Elum, Washington (in the Cascade Mountains) in June. That became a pattern - about once a month, we'd move into the house on wheels and drive it somewhere for a few days. Mom and Dad would go for a hike or a drive. It was fun.
So much fun that in mid-September, we took the house on wheels to Idaho and were gone for just over a month. It was our first trip to Northern Idaho and we all enjoyed it. I wrote about it in this blog, so you can go back to my older posts to read about it, if you missed it.
Mom and Dad decided that they wouldn't go to Texas this Christmas. Granddaddy's Assisted Living isn't allowing visitors. Instead, we've decided to "stay home" in the house on wheels. We left the stationary house on Tuesday, December 22. We have a campsite reserved at Lost Dutchman State Park near Phoenix, starting on January 2 for two weeks. Not sure what happens after that, but I'll tell you more next time.
If you haven't been following my blog, you can sign up to get an email each time I post something new. Just put your email address in the box near the top of the screen, on the right side. It doesn't put you on a mailing list for anything else, just my blog. In fact, I don't even know that you signed up.
Speaking of - I don't know who has signed up - I'd really like a little feedback. I don't want to publish my email because data miners will send me junk, but if you copy this abcdef06@gmail.com into your email program and then delete the "abcdef" and replace with my name (upper or lower case), I'll get your message.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All!
Love,
Doolin

No comments:
Post a Comment