The other thing that was unusual was that my cousin Maverick died. He was Aunt Mary's youngest son, a fur kid like me. He was only three, but he has had problems with his heart. He died on the day before Christmas. This is Maverick (he's the one with the brown hair) with his brother Dakota and Aunt Mary. I only met Maverick twice, but he was a really fun guy and I'm sorry that I won't get to know him better.
The weather has been really odd, too. Yesterday it was 80 degrees here and I had to stay in the motor home at the RV Park with the AC on, because it was too hot for me in the car. Mom, Dad, Aunt Susan, and Matt went downtown to a place called Sundance Square. They walked around a little and then had dinner outside on the patio of a restaurant. Mom and Dad were wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts and were very comfortable. After dinner they went to Grandma and Grandpa's apartment for a visit. Grandma was feeling better and they gave her and Grandpa some of their Christmas presents. When they left Grandma and Grandpa's apartment, it was 50 degrees and raining - HARD. The wind was blowing, too.
We are all really glad that we were out of the way of the tornadoes that were east of Dallas. I feel bad for all those people and dogs who lost their homes. We even saw pictures of an RV Park where most of the RV's were turned over. That is scary. We are having thunder this morning. I don't like thunder.
Today Mom and Dad are going to get together with some people that they went to church with in Arlington, before they were married. I'll probably have to sit in the car and wait, but at least it's cooler today so that I can do that.
We had a really nice Christmas Eve dinner at Aunt Susan's house. Dad cooked most of it, since Aunt Susan had surgery on her foot and is having trouble getting around. Here are the humans gathered around their dishes.


Glad to hear you're west of the tornadoes!! Very scary looking on the news. Sorry to hear your Christmas was "strange" -- but glad grandma is doing better. Hope things get better. 2016 should bring better things!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you're west of the tornadoes!! Very scary looking on the news. Sorry to hear your Christmas was "strange" -- but glad grandma is doing better. Hope things get better. 2016 should bring better things!
ReplyDelete