Sunday, February 14, 2016

Almost Home

February 10, 2016 - Today Mom and Dad went on a train ride.  It was called the Verde Valley Railroad.  The tracks were originally built to haul Copper from the area where it was mined to smelters.  They had fun and saw lots of pretty scenery.

February 11, 2016 - Today Mom and Dad went to Jerome, AZ.  It's a town that was founded when Copper was mined in the area.  Mom and Dad went to a museum that was in the house of the mine owner.  They said it was a pretty amazing house for the time and they enjoyed learning about copper mining.  After lunch they took a drive through the mountains toward Prescott.  It was a beautiful road with LOTS of curves.  Mom's very good at accounting for things, but she lost track at about 100 in 12 miles.  From there, they turned around and came back through those same curves and back to me.  I stayed home because it was forecast to be 80 degrees and they thought I'd get too hot in the car.  I enjoyed a nice nap in the motor home with the air conditioning.

February 12, 2016 - Last night, Mom and Dad decided that they have had enough of the desert. It's getting too hot.  Mom's been getting email from her clients and they are ready to set up appointments.  They decided that it was time for us to head for home.  We bid Cottonwood good-bye and hit the road.  We spent the night near Boron, CA.

February 13, 2016 - Today we drove into the valley near Bakersfield and encountered fog.  Then, we learned that it wasn't fog, but pollution.  It was awful.  We continued on and the fog lessened.  We decided to spend the night at Rippon, CA which is about 45 minutes south of Sacramento.  When we stopped, we went for a walk so that I could take care of "my business".  For the first time in weeks, I saw green grass!!!  OMG it was wonderful.  Not only was it green grass, but there wasn't anything with stickers, anywhere.  It's an area with a lot of agriculture.  There were huge almond orchards and the almond trees were in bloom.  That was pretty.

February 14, 2016 - More driving today.  By afternoon, we reached Lake Shasta and then it started to get cloudy.  Then, the most wonderful thing.  It started to rain.   We continued on and tonight were in Canyonville, OR at a nice RV park next to the Seven Feathers Casino.  Tomorrow we have about 320 miles and we will be home.  We've had a wonderful time, but we are all looking forward to being home.  I miss my green back yard.

Sorry that I don't have any pictures of where we've been.  It's been a long day and I'm too tired to download the cameras.

Catch ya Later!!

Doolin

No comments:

Post a Comment