It's been a busy a busy couple of weeks for us. We are preparing for our next adventure. Most important, I've added a new feature to my blog. It's there just to the right. You can type in your email address. Then, when I post something new, it will come to you as an email. You don't need to keep track of the link to this page. The first email that you get should come in a few minutes. When you get it, be sure to click on the link to finish getting you signed up. Then, we can keep in touch all winter. Don't forget to "Follow" me, too!
While I've been working on my blog, Dad has taken the Winnebago in for an oil & filter change, washed & waxed it and the Jeep, and defrosted the refrigerator in the Winnebago. He's also worked on getting the house ready for us to be gone for 3+ months. Mom has been washing sheets and towels and rugs and going through cabinets in the Winnebago, taking things out and putting things in, and making lists. There are lists everywhere. Dad has them, too. It's been quite a flurry of activity and I find it exhausting to watch. I got in trouble for trying to eat one of the lists. I was just trying to help.
On top of everything else, Friday morning we got a text from Uncle Frank. Uncle Frank lives in the apartment at the RV garage. He said that a tree blew down with the high winds on Thursday night, so Dad and Mom had to be lumberjacks. Dad used the chain saw and cut the tree into pieces. Mom pretty much kept up with him, hauling it off the driveway. This is Dad in his lumberjack clothes.
In addition to making improvements to my blog, I've been to the doctor to get my vaccinations and started on preventative meds for all the things that might make me sick on my trip to foreign lands. Flea preventative, check! Tick preventative, check! Heartworm preventative, check! I'm glad that I live in Washington where I don't normally have to worry about all these vermin. ALMOST made me lose my appetite to think about all the critters that might attack me, but I got over it when they brought out cookies. I love the vet's office.
Where are we going, you ask? Mom and Dad haven't given me a lot of details, but I know that we are going to cross the Mississippi River and meet Uncle Gary and my cousin Vinnie. Gary is Mom's brother. Vinnie's Mom is my Mom's first cousin once removed. I'm not sure what that makes me and Vinnie, but Vinnie is another poodle twig on our family tree and I'm excited to meet him. They all live in Illinois. My toe is getting tired typing all those "i's" and "double consonants". Where do they come up with names like Mississippi, Illinois, and Vinnie!
We are leaving this Friday, the 14th. Our first stop will be the Toutle River RV Park here in Washington. It's near Mt St Helens. We will spend the weekend with our friends in the Puget Sounders RV club. Sunday morning we will wish them all a wonderful winter and say "see ya in April" as we head east over the mountains toward Idaho.
The only other thing I know is that Mom and Dad expect to be in Illinois in early November and then in Ft Worth with Dad's family for Christmas. I think we will be back home in late January. Other than that, we are going to be nomads. Since I've never been farther east than South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas, I'll be adding a lot of states to the list of places that I've been. Stay tuned!!!
Oh, and if you are new here, and want to see all the places I've been, you can check out my Archive.

No comments:
Post a Comment