Sunday, October 16, 2016

We are on our way!

It's been another busy week.  All the preparations were so exhausting for me that Thursday I had a spa day.  After a bath, haircut, shave, and a mani/pedi, I felt much better.

My calm didn't last long because Thursday night we had thunder and lightning almost all night.  That's really unusual for us and I don't mind telling you that all the booming scares me.  I slept under Mom and Dad's bed.

I was a frazzled nervous wreck again by Friday morning.  Watching Mom and Dad load the last of our stuff in the Jeep got me so confused, I was scared that there wouldn't be room for me.

It was a rainy, windy weekend.  The remnants of a typhoon in Japan made it's way across the Pacific and the forecast was 65 MPH winds.  Fortunately, the winds wasn't that strong.  Mom and Dad had a good visit with their friends in the Puget Sounders RV group.  I mainly hung out in the motor home and waited for them to come back to me.  We all had a fun time.

Today (Sunday) we drove over the mountains on Hwy 12.  I slept most of the way.  Mom said it was really pretty.  Once we crossed White Pass, the larches were golden among the green pines and firs.  There were lots of other trees giving pretty fall color.  It was cloudy, but sun breaks made the yellows glow.

Tonight we are in Lewiston, Idaho.  We are camping next to the Elks Lodge, which is on a bluff overlooking the Snake River.  This is our camp site -



I'm not sure why they call it the Snake River.  It's a water river, just like other rivers.  Whatever the humans call it, it's pretty here with all the rolling hills and the river.  Now that it is dark, we are looking across the river at the twinkling lights of all the houses in Clarkston, Washington.

Tomorrow we will continue on.  Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment