Friday, October 28
– Today I added to my list of places I’ve been.
We crossed into Illinois and I saw the Mississippi River. I’m up to 19 states and 3 major rivers –
Columbia, Missouri, and Mississippi.
We arrived at Mom’s friend Kevin’s farm near Geneseo, Illinois. Mom and Kevin went to High School together and Mom, Kevin, and his wife Karen are all went to Iowa State together. They are really nice to let us
stay here. They have a really nice
concrete pad for us to park the Winnebago and it has electricity and
water. It’s great. So far, I like being a farm dog. There are so many cool places to explore.
After we got settled, we went for a drive. We went to visit Grandma (Mom’s Mom). Today would have been her 95th
Birthday. I’m sorry that I didn’t get to
meet her.
Saturday, October 29
– It's hard to believe we are in Illinois in late October. It's sunny and 76. Mom says that is really rare for this time of year.
Today we drove to Kewanee to get Uncle Gary (Mom’s brother). Mom,
Dad, and Uncle Gary all went to lunch. I
got to ride along, but had to wait in the car.
Then we went for a ride past places where Mom and Uncle Gary went when
they were kids.
We also went to see a round barn. It’s pretty unusual. Sometimes there are barns with lots of sides,
so they are close to round, but this one actually has bent wood so that it is
perfectly round. It was built in the early 1900's. Here are some pictures
of it…
It has a silo in the middle that is 90 feet tall…
Tonight Mom and Dad are having dinner in the house with Kevin and
Karen. I’m going to hang out here and
eat my kibble. I may try to sneak out and search for Kitty Roca. It looks like Almond Roca, but tastier. At least to me. It's my favorite Illinois delicacy, so far. Living on a farm with Barn Cats is so cool!!




No comments:
Post a Comment