Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Lewiston, Idaho to Butte, Montana

The last two days have been more like vacation.  I forgot to mention that we drove 375 miles the day we got to Lewiston, Idaho.  That was a LONG day.  We stayed at the Elks lodge in Lewiston.  Great place.

Monday we drove along the Clearwater River over Lolo Pass and it was beautiful.  Lots of pretty fall colors.  Dad enjoyed seeing all these cool old trucks. 


This was our lunch stop.


Then we got to Montana, with some snow on the pass.


We spent the night in Missoula, Montana.  Today we only went about 200 miles, so a much easier day.

Today (Tuesday) first thing this morning we left the Winnebago in Missoula and drove out to the Garnet Ghost town.  I didn't see a single ghost, so it wasn’t scary at all.  There were lots of old buildings from when people came to Montana and mined for gold.   Speaking of gold, there gold fall colors were pretty.    


This is the ghost town.  The ghost town is on Bureau of Land Management Land and there are free range cattle in the area.  I’ve never had Montana cow poop.  It was delicious. 



Ghosts must be short.  I checked and they weren’t home.


After the ghost town, we went back to Missoula and got the Winnebago and drove to Butte.  That was only 120 miles, so an even more fun day.  Once we got to Butte, we parked the Winnebago for the night and went into Butte.  Mom and Dad took a look at the Berkley Pit.  It’s from a copper mine that operated in Butte from 1955 – 1982.



After driving around Butte for a little while, we came back to the Winnebago for dinner.  Mom and Dad had baked potatoes with BBQ and I had kibble.


Tomorrow, Mom and Dad are planning to go to the World Museum of Mining here in Butte.  I think I may take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment