October 31 to November 5
We had a fun week in Geneseo. We took Uncle Gary (Mom’s brother) out to
lunch every day.
One day we took him to Long John Silver’s for Fish and
Chips. That is one of his favorite
places to go. Afterwards we went to John
Deere Headquarters in Moline, IL. It’s
an interesting building and the trees were beautiful.
Dad and Uncle Gary looked at tractors.
Mom and Uncle Gary checked out the combines.
Another day we went to a place where you can sit outside and
look at the Mississippi River. It was 75
degrees, which everyone tells me is almost unheard of in Illinois in
November. You may notice that I’m not
in the picture. That’s because I had to
stay in the car, but I had a nice view of the river from the parking lot. We saw barges moving down the river full of
grain and empty barges moving up the river to fill with grain and take it back
down the river.
A lot of the time, Mom was busy meeting with people on
business related to the farm she and Uncle Gary own. She seems to think that it all went well and
she is looking forward to the year ahead.
This week, we also got to visit a lot of Mom’s relatives. Monday, October 31 was Mom’s birthday. Mom and Dad spent the evening at Mom’s
cousin Gregg’s house with several of Mom’s cousins. They had cupcakes and Mom got to blow out a
candle and everyone sang to her.
One night we went to Cousin Jane’s house. Jane is Vinnie’s Mom and I got to meet
Vinnie. He’s a cool guy. Even taller than me and I’m pretty tall in
the Poodle world. We had a fun evening
together. He even let me chew on his
bone. We were such good boys that Jane
gave us Oinkers. Here is a picture of me with Cousin
Vinnie, Vinnie's Mom (Jane) and my Mom.
We had a great time camping on Kevin and Karen’s farm. I enjoyed being off leash, barking at the
barn cats, and running in the corn fields.
Here is a picture of our spot in front of the corn crib and next to the
barn.
I’ve learned a lot about farming. I’ll tell you all about it in another
post. The one thing I didn’t learn is
how to slide the barn door open far enough so that I could get to the cat
food. After the first time I got the cat
food, the humans ganged up on me and kept the door closed almost all the
way. The cats are skinny and could still
get in, but I didn’t fit. Gotta work on
a plan before I go back. If anyone has
any ideas, drop me an email.
Saturday, November 5 – I had a great time visiting everyone
in Geneseo and living on the farm but today it is time to move on. Today we drove to Normal, Illinois. Yes, seriously, there is a city in Illinois
called Normal. That’s where our cousins
Carol and Mel live with their daughter Kris.
Mel and Carol came to visit me in Washington when I was 2. I never thought that I’d ever get to go to
their house and meet Kris. I really
enjoyed my visit with them. Mom and Dad
went out to dinner with Carol and Mel and we spent the night in Normal.
View Full Size Travel Map








No comments:
Post a Comment