Sunday, March 21, 2021

The First 100 (dog) years

Sunday, March 21, 2021 - Last summer when we were talking to Granddaddy on his 95th birthday, we were talking about the fact that in "dog years" I was almost the same age that he was.  That got me thinking about turning 100.  Check my math, but I think it's today.

100 human years x 365 days = 36,500 plus 25 leap days = 36,525 days. 

I was born December 8, 2006, so today I'm 5,217 human days old.  That times 7 equals 36,519.   I think that's close enough!

I've been going through some old photos and reminiscing.  I thought I'd share.

My first day at my forever home.

Hanging out under Mom's desk

Riding in the van at Mom's feet

I'm getting bigger.

Mom and Dad tell me that I'm named after a village in Ireland.  I doubted the story until they brought this photo back from one of their visits there.

First time at the beach - Cannon Beach, Oregon

  

Eventually I got big enough that I moved to the back seat in the van, but I liked to be able to see where we were going, so I often sat like this.

I like to travel.  I've spent at least one night in all the blue states and I've traveled through all the states that are green on this map.  I've also been to four Canadian Provinces.

Beer Tasting with Mom and Dad (my bowl of water is under the table).

Poodles are Lap Dogs

A great Day at the beach

A fall day on the Blue Ridge Parkway

I found a real bone!

Selfie with Mom

McKinney Falls State Park near Austin, TX

Hanging out with cousins Darby and Chuy at their ranch in Texas

A real antler that I found on cousin Nancy's ranch in Texas

My buddy Jerry telling me a story.

Mom and I on a ferry in Washington State.

Me riding behind the driver in the RV.  I get a good view out the windshield from here.

Sunset over the St Lawrence Seaway

The first time I saw the Atlantic Ocean at Forillon National Park in Quebec, Canada.

A real bone that I found in our campsite on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada


Playing with my cousin Scout in his back yard in Texas.  He's not mean.  He was just playing.

See - Scout and I are good friends.

Mom and I at a rest stop along I-80 in Utah

Dad and I on a rock in Utah

My last visit with my buddy Charlie before he went to doggy heaven. 😢

Visiting Granddaddy and all my Aunts, Uncle, and cousins in Texas.

Camping with my friends Elsie and Bob.

Worn out after playing with Scout

A great day on the beach in Gulf Shores, Alabama

Another fun day at Pacific Beach State Park in Washington

Back in the day, I was pretty good at catch!


Monument Valley
Monument Valley

Rock Mountain National Park

Snake River Canyon - Idaho on the left, Oregon on the right

Still looking good - me, two weeks ago, right after my Spa Day.


Pretty well sums up my life now.  In case you can't read it, my pillow says "It's All about Me"

Hope you enjoyed my trip down memory lane.  Thanks to everyone who has called, texted, and generally asked about me.  The doc says I have a bad case of old age.  The swagger in my step has turned to more of a stagger and if I lay down too long, I sometimes need help getting back up.  But with some good pain killers, I'm still have some great days, so looking forward to a few more good "dog years".

No comments:

Post a Comment