Monday, November 20, 2017

Denver, Colorado to Dumas, Texas

Saturday, November 18 - After a nice night at the Elks Lodge in Northglenn (northern suburb of Denver), Mom and Dad checked out the craft fair in the lodge.  Then, we all hopped in the Jeep to check out Downtown Denver.  We took a quick drive through the RiNo (RIver NOrth) district, which is an up and coming arts district.  Not much was happening on Saturday morning.  Seems that the galleries don't open until noon. 

After a drive through downtown, we went to the Denver Museum of  Nature and Science.  I wasn't allowed to go inside, so I made myself comfortable in the parking garage and took a nap for a couple of hours.  When Mom and Dad came back, they said that we must come here again.  They didn't fully see the special exhibits on the 3rd floor and didn't see any of the 1st or 2nd floor.  They saw lots of dinosaur stuff and Mom brought these photos back for me.



I've never tasted a dinosaur, but they look a little dry.  I prefer my bones juicy.  

When we left the museum, we went back to the Elks Lodge to get the motor home and then headed to Peyton, Colorado.  The main thing we are seeing in Peyton is Dad's cousin Allen and Allen's wife Abby.  They have an acreage north of Peyton and they have 6 cats, 5 dogs, 5 horses, and a guinea pig.  It was a great place, but I was so overwhelmed that I wasn't sure what to do.

Mom and Dad said that Abby made a wonderful Roast Beef dinner for them.  I had kibble.

Sunday, November 19 - Today we got up and got to watch Abby give riding lessons.  She works with students that have physical challenges and also kids who are bullied in school.  The horses are very accepting and the kids build self-confidence.   Here are some photos of Allen and Abby with Abby's students.





After lessons, the humans went into Colorado Springs, took a drive around The Garden of the Gods, and had dinner.  Then they came home and fed the horses and spent the evening continuing to catch up.  

This is Allen and Abby's daughter Katie.  She's sweet and a gorgeous blonde.  I think I'm in love 💕💖💋💘💓💋💘


Monday, November 20 - After a nice chat with Abby, we were on the road again.  She sent a care package with us.  There is an assortment of cookies for Mom and Dad and jerky treats for me!!  Abby is the best!

The rest of the day was mostly driving.  Tonight we are at Texhoma Park, in Dumas, TX.  It's a nice city park with 20 electric connections in pull through sites with 30 and 50 amp service.  There is water and a dump station in the park.  It's free (donations welcome) and limited to stays up to 24 hours.  Perfect for us for tonight.  We only have one neighbor.  I got to run off leash and it was great.  This is our campsite.  I think I love these small west Texas towns with free RV parking in city parks.




No comments:

Post a Comment