Thursday, November 30, 2017

Dumas, Texas to Ft Worth, Texas

Tuesday, November 21 - Today was another day of driving. Dad had to hold the wheel at 45 degrees to drive straight.  It was kind of exciting though since we had a strong side wind most of the day.  The wind was blowing so hard that the windmills on the wind farms were turned off.  Dad said too high a wind can damage them, so they turn them off. 

Mom and Dad said that the wind made driving hard.  The rocking just put me to sleep. 

We decided to stop for the night at the Elks Lodge in Wichita Falls.

Wednesday, November 23 - Today was a short drive from Wichita Falls into Fort Worth.  Actually, we stay at the Cowtown RV Park in Aledo, which is just west of Fort Worth.  It's nice that it is close to Aunt Mary, Uncle Don, and cousin Scout's house and a short drive to Granddaddy's.  The RV park has a fenced dog area that smells wonderful.  I love to go check it out as often as I can.

After we got settled in, we went to visit Granddaddy.  We haven't seen him since he came to our house in August.  I was glad to see that he was doing well.  His neighbors are really nice.  Everyone loves to pet me when I'm there.  I like that.

In the evening Mom and Dad went out to dinner with Chris and Amanda.  They all smelled good when they came out of the restaurant. 

Thursday, November 24 - Today we went to Aunt Mary and Uncle Don's house.  Aunt Mary is Dad's sister and she is at the end of the table in the picture below.  I got to go see Cousin Scout.  He's adopted, too and his birth parents are Poodle, just like me.  We always have fun together.  The humans had lots to eat.  This is them waiting for their food bowls to be filled.


Their food looked really good.  This is Dad carving the turkey.


Uncle Don cooked the turkey and took all the pictures, so we don't have a picture of him.

Friday, November 24 to Tuesday, November 28 - The days are just a blur of listening to the humans talk and watching them eat.  I got more visits with cousin Scout, saw cousin Oliver, and met my new cousin Reggie.  This is Oliver and Reggie with their parents, Chris and Amanda.


One day, we took Granddaddy to the Botanic Gardens.  This is the rose garden.


I'm in this one.  See me near the fountain, on the right.  Dad and Granddaddy are there, too.  The rose garden is huge!


Dad took some nice pictures of Granddaddy with this tree.


That pretty well sums up the week in Ft Worth.  I'll write soon, about the next part of our trip.


  




No comments:

Post a Comment