Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 24 – Monday, May 23

Today we got a late start.  We slept late, I uploaded the last blog postings, and Mom and Dad looked around the gift shops at Ruby’s Inn.  Ruby’s Inn is a tourist trap between Bryce Canyon National Park and the main highway.  We finally got on the road about noon and stopped a little way down the road at Kodachrome Basin State Park.  The park gets its name because it has several colorful rock formations.  Mom and Dad took a couple of short hikes.  It was too early to stop for the night, but Mom and Dad thought the campground at this state park looked excellent, if you are ever in the area.

We went on to Escalante Petrified Forest State Park, just outside of Escalante, Utah and got a site in their campground for the night.  The campground is on the edge of a reservoir/lake and we had a lovely view from our campsite.  We also rate it highly and it even has several sites for big rigs.  After we got parked, we took a hike on the trail to see the Petrified Wood.  I didn’t see what the big deal was with trees that have turned to rocks.  They just didn’t smell right, BUT I really like State Parks in Utah, because they allow fur kids like me on the trails.  I had to wear my leash and walk right next to Dad, but it was really nice to get out a little. 

I liked everything but the stickery stuff that Mom had to pull off my head and ears.  She said that they were similar to the burrs that we have in Washington, but they were sharper, so hurt her fingers.  She wasn’t so happy with me.

Dad made Beef Stroganoff and Mom made a salad for dinner.  I had kibble.

No comments:

Post a Comment