Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 6

After a lovely dinner that Anna prepared and a good night’s sleep, we said our good-bye’s.  We drove to Pacific Grove (next to Monterey).  Mom and Dad unloaded the bikes and went for a ride on 17 mile drive.  They told me that they rode by the Golf Course at Spanish Bay, Pebble Beach, and many other places that I don’t remember.  They said that it was along the ocean almost all the way.  It was 8 miles to the place that they turned around.  They took a shorter way back and it was 6 miles.  Mom said that the way back was shorter, but had more hills and she was exhausted when they got back to me.
From there, we drove down Highway 1 through Big Sur to a place called the Kirk Creek Campground in the Los Padres National Forest.  It’s a campground on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean.  It was absolutely gorgeous.  We have had perfect weather.  It’s been sunny and warm since we left home, but not really hot.  Dad made Lamb Shanks and bulgur pilaf on the stove on the picnic table.  Mom made a green salad.  Poor me, I had my usual kibble L  Daddy says that it serves me right, since earlier today I ate ½ a bag of Cle Elum beef jerky (bag and all) and tore into a bag of trail mix that were in the camera bag when Mom and Dad were out taking photos at a photo stop along the coast.  I say, if Dad didn’t want me to eat it, he shouldn’t have left it on the floor where I could get to it.  After dinner, we watched the sunset and the stars come out, with the fire pit to keep us warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment