Sorry it's been a few days since I've posted to the blog. We've been on the coast where we didn't have an Internet connection. Also, some nights I get so tired that I just can't finish the blog. Today, I've posted 4 posts, so read about days 4 - 7 of our adventure.
Day 7 - We woke to another beautiful day. A few weeks ago, there was a landslide that closed Hwy 1, about 10 miles south of Kirk Creek, so we went back north toward Monterey. In a way, the landslide was nice, because there was zero traffic past the campground overnight and traffic was VERY light on Hwy 1. The scenery is so nice that it was good to be able to see it in both directions. We had lunch at the Big Sur Bakery. The Bakery is run by cousin Judd’s friend Phil and Judd recommended it. Mom and Dad really enjoyed it. We also spent a couple of hours in Carmel going through the shops and galleries. I like Carmel. It’s a VERY fur kid friendly place. I got to go in all the shops and I got SIX cookies. WOW!
When we left Carmel, we drove toward a place called Harris Ranch. It's a restaurant near Colinga, California. It was recommended to us by Mom and Dad’s friend’s Bob and Elsie. Mom and Dad and Dad had dinner there. They said that it was every bit as good as you said. I’m also supposed to tell you that we like the Almond Tree Campgound,too.
Doolin, I'm enjoying reading of your adventures so much! I was able to see some of the country you're visting when I traveled with Uncle Tal and Aunt Harriet one year. It is beautiful! Have fun and keep the news coming!
ReplyDelete